Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Part 2: 40 Things to do Before I'm 40

As promised, here is Part 2:  40 Things to do Before I'm 40.  They are in no particular order.

  1. Finally get my house organized and decorated.  With real furniture!  And pictures!
  2. Take singing lessons.  My inner diva is in there, just waiting to come out!
  3. Take dancing lessons- ballet preferably, but I'm up for other stuff too.
  4. Actually make a scrapbook with all those mementos I have piled in a damn box.
  5. Do a ton of research and make a large donation to a very deserving organization.  I figure I paid a ton of money for school so I should at least use my skills, right?  My goal is to donate around $2000-$3000.
  6. See the Northern Lights.  I have been to Alaska, but went in the summer when the sun never goes completely away.  Although, I can mark off "See the Midnight Sun!"
  7. Visit Australia- my sweetie has been to Australia FOUR TIMES.  I gotta catch up.
  8. Get my organizing groove back.  I used to be such a neat freak, and I'd really like to get ahold of that again.
  9. See a return on the life lessons I'm trying to instill in my son.  An act of kindness, a moment where he's totally accepting of someone who is very different than him in beliefs, where he stands up for someone, or sees the world beyond his front door would all work just fine.
  10. Go fishing all night with my husband.  Or at least until 2 AM.  Let's be realistic, that's probably the latest I'll make it. 
  11. Become comfortable with my religious/spiritual beliefs, or lack thereof. 
  12. Learn some computer programming.
  13. Go to New York City- for someone so completely enchanted, I've never been!
  14. Get in decent shape.  I may not run 3-4 miles a day like I used to but at least some!
  15. Get a fish pedicure.  It so gross, yet seems so satisfying.  Someone will have to hold my hand because I will probably shriek.
  16. Go on a cruise- cold weather preferred. 
  17. Visit Scandinavia- Norway's fjords are the preference, although I wouldn't mind visiting Sweden or Finland.
  18. Go camping in the desert.
  19. See Mount Rushmore.
  20. Have a koi pond in my backyard.
  21. Brush up on my French and become fluent.
  22. Learn some Krav Maga, so I can be that unexpected badass.
  23. Visit all 50 states.  I've got 27 down already.
  24. Learn to accept things and find strength in acceptance.  I'm always fighting, fighting, fighting, and I'd like to learn how to find the strength in accepting things and going with them.
  25. Eat healthier on a regular basis.  I am a vegetarian, so I'm halfway there, I think.
  26. Find a really enjoyable volunteer position.  It's been a minute since I volunteered, and I would like to find time to do so again.
  27. Take Microsoft Office/ computer training courses so I can be on top of it.
  28. Be more self-confident, and get to know myself better.
  29. Manage my money better- used to have spreadsheets and bill schedules.  Now I pay bills late, if I even open my damn mail.
  30. Spend a crazy expensive but fabulous week at the spa.
  31. Have a Girls' Weekend Away somewhere relaxing.
  32. Make some physical improvements- a little cosmetic surgery, light.
  33. Donate blood- just once.  Y'all know that I hate hate hate getting my blood drawn.  But I think it's important to donate blood.  Ok, how about I at least TRY it.  Last time I was anemic.
  34. Visit my family and friends more often.
  35. Pay off my student loans.
  36. Make a difference for animals.  My furbabies made me a mommy, but I don't know if I'll get to adopt another :( Still, would like to sponsor a shelter pet, or something of that sort.
  37. Write a short story/ novella, and possibly have it published.
  38. Write an academic/professional article and have it published.
  39. Learn to let go of things/people that aren't good for me.
  40. Celebrate my 40th birthday with everyone (pets included!) that I love.
Some things that are noticeably absent from this list:  jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, anything involving getting on a motorcycle, or anything that involves public speaking!

What are some of the things you want to do before you're next big milestone birthday?  Post in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

 
Design and Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2013
Background illustration from iStockphoto.com